Thursday, April 26, 2007

I did have blooms today


When I went out to take photos today, the camera battery was really low. I just managed to get these - most that I took were totally out of focus. So I'll have to try again tomorrow. But there are so many things popping into bloom and looking more beautiful every day, I just couldn't skip sharing today!


The first photo is of Purissima - it will turn totally white as it ages. I've had these tulips forever, and I don't think the clump looks very fresh anymore. I'm not sure if that's because of age or because of the late freezes this spring - or maybe both. But I love all of my tulips - old and new - so I hate to see them not produce as well as they get older.




This is a really pretty clump of coral bells - I'm not sure anymore which it is. I'm thinking it gets white flowers when it blooms. If I would just plant something and let it sit forever in the same place, I would know the names. But I have to keep moving things around from garden to garden, and I just can't keep up with it all!






This is another shot of Toronto - what a great color this is turning out to be. I'm surprised that so many of my early tulips seem to be shades of orangey-red. In the photos I think they kind of all look like the same color. In the garden there are lovely subtle differences in color and leaf and shape.






This is Mount Hood or Thalia - I don't think I'll know for sure until I see the other one blooming. But I'm thinking Thalia is a late bloomer - so good possibility this is Mount Hood. Whatever, I think it's very pretty.







This is a species tulip that just opened today. Tried to get a shot of the clump, because very pretty with 8 or so blooming. But camera did not cooperate. This is a shot of the inside - kind of cool.







This isn't a great shot - but finally got a white anemone to go with my blue ones. They're scattered all over several gardens - and only a few even coming up and blooming. If they increase over the next few years, they'll be great. This year they just look kind of silly!





This is the first lungwort to bloom this year. I love these little guys. The foliage is so cool - and the blooms change from pink to blue or blue to pink. I think they're so fun. Hopefully, sometime while they're blooming I can get a good close-up shot of the flower. (darn camera!) I have several different kinds - and, of course, they've all been moved so many times, I don't know which is which anymore.



Here's my Delft Blue hyacinth. The garden smells so wonderful! This is a really nice hyacinth - full bloom and great color. I can't wait to see the yellow ones (if any of them even show up!).








Here is an older hyacinth - the color is kind of pretty - very bright. But it sure looks skimpy compared to Delft Blue. Still smells good though!

No comments: