Wednesday, September 26, 2007

thanks for the great ideas!

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments about my shed!! I appreciate all of the great ideas you shared. I don't know if we'll start decorating this fall or wait until spring - but I think it's going to look cool when we finally have it done! I am so excited about having that storage space - and I know I could easily fill 2 or 3 of them!! But, for now, I am thrilled to have one.

Kobie and Tess were playing King of the Hill in it today - one of them would stand inside the shed with a leaf or stick, the other would grab the prize, and then they'd chase each other round and round the shed. After several trips around, one of them would jump inside the door - and then the whole thing would start over again. I swear, they play just like human kids! The really cool part is now I have a really fun dirt race track going around my new shed - it's exactly what I was hoping for - lol!

"Knockout" - the rose I had in one of the half barrel planters. I put it in the raised garden by the patio a couple weeks ago. It's doing great - new buds and beautiful blooms. It's in the same garden as "Hawkeye Belle" - I hope they look good together and provide some fun color.

Autumn has come to our yard! This maple tree is our neighbor's - it sits between his garage and our driveway. Everyone coming down the street sees it - and everyone comments on how beautiful it is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your neighbour's maple tree has a special autumn color, stunning,.....or maybe it is a special maple tree that we don't know here. My maple trees are not yet changing colour.

nonizamboni said...

Love your blog, neighbor. So nice to be able to share my Minnesota experiences in the dirt. I was just out walking in Shoreview and found such beautiful leaves everywhere.
I'll stop by again. Happy day!

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous maple tree! We have a young maple tree in our front yard and I hope it gets this big and majestic in the coming years!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

How could you have possibly known that your shed would become "home base" for a good game of doggy tag?!?! I could picture the whole seen perfectly as you described it! Thanks for the giggle this morning. Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Susie said...

Beautiful maple tree Kris. We have a maple tree also, but it doesn't change color. (it drops leaves like crazy though!)LOL!
xo

Tammy said...

Maple trees are the "star" of Autumn aren't they?

Yours is so lovely!

Love & Hugs to you today!
:)

kris said...

Hi Nonizamboni - thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Your blog is great - I'll be visiting often!

Cindy - you're right - their game was much more like tag than king of the hill (which also gets played - mostly from the top of the firewood pile!). They're so fun to watch.