Sunday, September 30, 2007

rainy weekend

Rainy weekend here. We were so dry most of the summer, that it's hard to complain about it! I did get in a couple hours yesterday morning hauling things into the shed. I think it's going to be a really nice size - the lofts are holding a ton of stuff. We stopped Friday night on our way to dinner to look at stain colors. I have a color in my head, so, of course, that makes the job twice as difficult! I think we will try and get it stained this fall yet - but windows, window boxes and stencils will probably wait until next spring. (Maybe I can spend some time this winter working on my stenciling skills!) I managed to free up some shelf space in the basement by hauling all my clay pots and other garden things to the shed - so maybe this afternoon I'll work at organizing the basement. Does that sound like fun, or what?! Maybe I'll watch a DVD instead!!

9 comments:

Susie said...

Beautiful fall day here, but I understand you need rain. It always feels good to get a new storage space organized.
For me, I'm always amazed at how quickly I can find stuff to fill every nook and cranny!
xo

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Oct 1st?? that reminds me...

Melissa said...

But it feels so good to be able to move things around and know that until you accumulate even more stuff - you have room. ;)

meresy_g said...

We need rain. It is so dry. I still have a bunch of shrubs to get into the ground and the yard is like cement. Plus I have a bunch of organization things to do as well. All that darn winterizing stuff!

kate said...

I hope you have an opportunity to stain the shed before winter. It was a cool weekend here, but sunny enough that I put another coat of varnish on the wall.

Try stenciling with oil paint crayons rather than liquid paint. It is much easier ... colours blend well.

violetlady said...

Sounds like a plan to me. I would watch the DVD rather than moving stuff.

Connie said...

Organizing may not sound like fun, but it IS productive, and you will feel so much better for tackling it and getting it done. Go for it!

Catherine said...

Nice Shot!
Hope the sun came out today,
& you are getting your shed organized!

Cat

Greenie Gardens said...

What a pretty photo! It's so clear. I can't wait to see what color the shed turns out. The pictures of the loon are wonderful.
I still want to build a house on a lake at some point in my life. I better get busy! Wish Michigan real estate would pick up but it doesn't look likely in the short run!