Tuesday, April 24, 2007

a few things blooming today

The tulips by the side door - I only have 2 blooms there this year, but they are lovely.

Two views of "Toronto" - one of my new Keukenhof tulips. It has burgundy and green striped foliage. A short tulip, but very pretty.






Two photos of a new daffodil - "Thalia" or is it "Mount Hood" -whichever, it should turn all white as it ages, I think. The yellow daffodil is one I've had for several years.

And my earliest tulip down by the gazebo.

5 comments:

Trailhead said...

Hey, nice tulips! How cool to get daffies and tulips at the same time.

Anonymous said...

You are getting some great color! I am sure it looks really "springy"!!! Thanks for the b'day greeting! We had a fun weekend.

kris said...

Hi trailhead - thanks. I just love all this spring color.


Hi Patti - I wish blogger would let you sign in! But it's always nice to hear from you whatever "name" you have to use. Bet your woods are looking pretty springy too.

Diana LaMarre said...

Love the tulips, Kris. It must be much warmer where you live. I don't have any tulips yet.
I really go out right now and see if there are any buds.

I think I will. Thanks for the inspiration to get off my butt and walk around the gardens!

kris said...

Zoey - you crack me up!! I'll be watching your blog to see if you found any!