Wednesday, April 11, 2007

snow day

I would go out and shoot photos of our beautiful snow-laden trees, but 1. it's too wet out there and b. the rest of the country seems to be covered in snow too, so what's the point. I'm not too worried about the snow hurting anything - our thermometer is reading 40 and it's just a nice spring snow here. Last week when the temps were in the teens at night with no snow cover, I was worried. But at first glance, don't see any damage - I think it just slowed things down a little. The rabbits are doing way more damage to my tulips than the cold weather and snow.



So I'm stuck inside, trying to avoid another deadline at work, waiting to see if Mark gets home from California, and wasting time playing Bejeweled 2. Really, Bejeweled is a huge time waster - BUT today I got a new high score, so kind of patting myself on the back. In 11 minutes, I racked up 455,900 points. Pretty proud of myself. However, I have gone and googled high scores for Bejeweled 2, and I know this is a pittance if you're any good at these games. Still, I'm just a middle-aged gardener, so not too bad!!

(When I told Mark we were getting 2-4 inches of snow last night/today, he thought he might have to spend a little more time in sunny southern CA - yeah, nice try. Actually, I'm wondering why in the heck I didn't go out there with him!!!!)

No comments: