Friday, October 19, 2007

fall blooms

We've had two very windy days now, and I'm happy to report the oil/gas film on the lake from our neighbors' boat sinking has disappeared.
Our boat was pulled yesterday, so this weekend we'll be getting that winterized and ready to cover for the winter. If the weather cooperates, we'll also try and get a start on taking the dock out. It's way more fun getting all of these things out in the spring than putting them away this time of year! Here are a few more of the blooms I've been enjoying the last week or so.
Carefree Beauty rose

hibiscus



turtlehead

snakeroot (I think "Brunette")

anemone

veronica

John Davis rose

6 comments:

kate said...

You have some lovely blooms there. The Rose is gorgeous and I'd love to have some Turtlehead blooming here.

Toni said...

Kris Wow you have a longer growing season then us...Very Pretty..I like the wildflower site you posted...I hope you dont mind I picked you for Meme...if you want to play along..Hope you are having a good fall...Toni

Trailhead said...

It's way more fun getting all of these things out in the spring than putting them away this time of year!

Ain't that the truth. There's something wistful about autumn. And it always sneaks up on me.

Glad to hear the film is gone.

violetlady said...

Kris, As always your photos are gorgeous. As you said in your last comment on my post, we should sit down and talk about our mutual love of France. And, of course, there are the POODLES! Funny, huh? We both have the same name (mine is Kristina), we both love France, and we both have poodles! Thank you for your always supportive comments to my blog. I will be pulling the names out of the hat on Wednesday night at the Witching Hour.

Unknown said...

I am in such awe of all of these roses people have reblooming in October... even in your usually chilly (zone 4?) neck of the woods! John Davis is very pretty--I'd not seen him before.

Connie said...

I am amazed you still have flowers blooming there...have you not had frost yet? We haven't had our first frost yet, but we are zone 6b.