Saturday, October 27, 2007

stained shed and garden decorations

Can you believe it - I think my autumn chores are DONE!!!! I'll still have to rake leaves a few more times and probably mow the yard once or twice, but everything else looks to be wrapped up. I'm so happy about that! Next on my list is getting the house cleaned. And also on my list is visiting all of my blogger friends. I have been really bad lately, and I want you to know I appreciate very much that you keep stopping by. I can't wait to check in with all of you! :)

Here are photos of the freshly stained shed. I'm afraid I didn't have very good lighting for these photos, but I think you can get the general idea of the color. It's called "Beachwood" - and it's a gray-green or green-gray - depending on your point of view! We'll put a second coat on next spring and then I have a darker color called "Autumn Gray" for the trim. And then, I can start decorating with windows, window boxes, some plantings, and hopefully stenciling. I'm pretty psyched!
I do computer work for a couple wholesalers at the Minneapolis Gift Mart, and every year the Mart has a huge sample sale where the showrooms sell samples of discontinued stock. I get to shop there because I work for these guys - otherwise it's supposed to be for retailers only. I have a couple favorite places that I hit up for garden decorations, and I wanted to show you the fun stuff I have picked up (so far!) this year.
This adorable bird house with roses climbing up the base. It'll be very sweet in one of the gardens next summer.

This chair is unbelieveably comfortable!! It may end up in my gazebo - and I may have to go back and get another one. (They're open on Mondays thru the middle of November and then they do a huge weekend sale right before Thanksgiving - I usually try and do 2 or 3 Mondays and then force myself to stop!)

I bought 3 of these rose stems - won't they be sweet in the garden? I'm thinking I may use them in a vase in the house this winter. The detail is pretty cool for iron.

I also have a sweatshirt place I go to - they sell really nice sweatshirts for $5 each. Some have resort logos on them - and they're all supposedly seconds, but I have never found any obvious flaws. For everyday keeping warm, I think this is a deal!

And I added a new sunburst to my collection. I thought he was kind of cute!
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

18 comments:

Kitt said...

Wow, lucky you! I love the chair. Can I go with you next time?

Anonymous said...

I love the chair too.. and look forward to seeing the shed once you get to work on the decorating! :O)

Unknown said...

Art in the garden is the icing on the cake

Melissa said...

the chair is very, very, very cool!!

Unknown said...

Those are some great garden decorations you picked up. You continue, as always, to inspire me.

Anonymous said...

Love all the iron, the birdhouse looks a lot like mine, except for the roses. Cool stuff. The shed looks nice, good choice of color.

Later,

Jean said...

Lucky you! I love the chair and the roses!

kate said...

The sunflower is cool!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Absolutely adorable! And I must say, I really like your 'Vette, too!

Connie said...

Your shed is looking good! How nice for you to get the lovely art pieces for your garden.....I love the chair and the sunburst!

Susie said...

Hi Kris,
How fun that you get a chance to get these great things for your garden at a good price!
Love the chair and the birdhouse with roses..
xo

Britta said...

Wonderful garden decorations. I couldn't really say what I like more, they all look adorable.

Have a wonderful day, Britta

Trailhead said...

Love the bird house!

Unknown said...

Oh, I love the metalwork! The shed looks great--you do good work, that's more uniform than I am able to get stain sometimes. :)

Reginas Cottage said...

I love all your garden decoration,
but really like it the chair and roses.It's very beautiful.
Your sheeds looks great.
Have a nice day Regina

Nan said...

Great stuff! Do you think there's a chance a bird might choose to nest in the house, if you have it in just the right spot? Or is it purely for decoration? That chair looks most welcoming.

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Such wonderful finds for the garden! You are so so lucky! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Anonymous said...

next time I come for a visit and go shopping with you..
cheers Gisela