Saturday, October 13, 2007

still getting ready for winter

I am swamped with fall chores! Getting the shed organized took time from other projects, and I feel like I'm way behind. I hope to get a lot of things wrapped up this weekend - as well as visiting blogs I haven't been to in awhile - and showing you some of the beautiful flowers I still have blooming in the gardens.

Last weekend we bought a used scanner so I could scan our old family photos into my computer. (It works better and much faster than the old one I used to do the accordion photo.) So I've been doing a few photos whenever I have time. I'll leave you with one of my favorites - my dad and me. I was about 2 in this photo. I love that we're both wearing flannel shirts and jeans! I think the cabinet in the background had a turntable in the pull-out drawer under the radio.


Hope you all have a great weekend!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first words out of Dad's mouth this morning were; "I'm famous, I made the Blog"-----That picture has held up well, and you are right, there was a turntable under the radio, played 78's and 45's. We had a lot more 78's, from when we were teenagers. I think I brought along all my records when Dad and I got married.
We have always loved BIG BAND sound. and I love Classical--all you kids and all the grandkids always make fun of my 'elevator music'.

Susie said...

That is such a touching photo. I love the look on your Dad's face, as one can see he clearly adores you!
Can't wait to see some more of your gorgeous flowers. We have sun today after lots and lots of rain!
Happy weekend!!
xoxo

Wicked Gardener said...

I agree - a very sweet look on your dad's face.

Toni said...

That picture is so cute...Hope you have a good weekend..Toni

Tammy said...

That is the sweetest picture!

I'm glad you got a scanner!!

Love & Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Kris, this is a dear photo of you and your Dad. So loving.

Scanning is time consuming but great results.

Anonymous said...

PS: Your Dad is a handsome guy.

Diana LaMarre said...

Awwwwwwww, Kris, that is so cute!
Are you an only daughter?

kris said...

Zoey - I was for awhile! My sisters are 10 & 12 years younger than I am. I'm two years older than my brother. I got a lot of camera time being the first born!

Tristi Pinkston said...

That is a darling picture. Thanks for sharing!

violetlady said...

That is so sweet. And matching shirts! Did you see that I gave you an award?

Britta said...

Hi Kris, you have a wonderful blog, just the way I like it. Some flowers, some nice decorations, old pictures. Real nice. I will be back to visit again.

Have a great day, Britta

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

What a lovely and precious photo. I can see why it's one of your favorites. Hope your shed is good and organized. I know how it feels to have a chore go to the top of list and bump everything else out of the way. No fun trying to get back on track is it? Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Melissa said...

I love the Daddy-bliss on your father's face. Beautiful.

Connie said...

Sweet photo!

Getting ready for winter is not as exciting as getting ready for spring, but Fall is quite welcome this year after the long hot summer!

Trailhead said...

Kris, that is such a wonderful picture.

I need to start the process of scanning all my paper photos, but the project seems so daunting.