Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Some good reading

A Thousand Splendid Suns is Khaled Hosseini's second book. It tells the story of life in Afghanistan through the eyes of two women - from their childhood to adulthood. It's a beautifully written book. I find it almost impossible to imagine the life he describes - which I think is why I enjoyed this book so much. It made me laugh and cry - and most of all think.










Nora Roberts is one of my all-time favorite writers. I love the way she develops her characters and her story lines. I have honestly never been disappointed in one of her books! Her newest release is High Noon. It's another winner in my opinion.




3 comments:

Karen said...

These look like two great suggestions. I enjoyed the Kite Runner. It was one of those books I felt obligated to read, but I'm glad I did. I've never read a Nora Roberts. I love trying new authors.

Diana LaMarre said...

Kris,
I have about a dozen Nora Roberts books stacked on the bookshelf. I have never read one of them. I don't know why....I just looked at them last week and wondered why I hadn't read any. Maybe that stack will be my winter reading.

kris said...

Hi Karen & Zoey - if you read Nora, let me know what you think - I just love her!
Karen - this one was easier to read in a lot of ways than the Kite Runner - but still hard to imagine a culture that different from ours.