Monday, July 2, 2007

summer reading


Bought this book at a garage sale last Thursday. Finished it yesterday so my mom could take it with her when they leave this week.
This was Barbara Parker's first book - a nice little murder mystery. She's now written several other books using the same characters. I love reading series books - I'm always a little sad when a book ends if I've enjoyed the characters.
I enjoyed her writing style and the story. I'll definitely be checking out the rest of the series at the library.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think I will have to forward this post to my Mom - that is the kind of book she would like!

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

I am sad when a really good book ends as well. I finished Julia's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb recently, I really enjoyed it, it was definitely a "chick" book. I am currently reading Hill Country, also very good.

Some of my favorite series books were some of Larry McMurtrys.

kris said...

Hi me - let me know if your mom enjoys the book(s) - I'll recommend some others that I've liked.

Iowa Gardening Woman - thanks for the book ideas! I have a growing list of books to check in to - these have been added! "Chick" books are fun and just what I need sometimes.