Wednesday, May 23, 2007

done whining (for now)

So, earlier I did a really whiny post - it's too windy, it's too dry, I'm tired of the McMansion construction across the street, I'm very tired of all the dirt coming from said construction, I'm even more tired of all the big truck traffic and noise from said construction, the porch screens are so covered with cotton from the basswoods you can't see out, I read a good book but it was depressing, etc etc - blah, blah - yadda, yadda.

While trying to decide if I actually wanted to publish that post (because once I downloaded all these petty grievances, I didn't feel like I was going to crash after all), I went blog surfing. And found one called Beach(s) that is filled with gorgeous photos of gorgeous beaches around the world. And then my internet connection failed. And then the wind died down and the sun came out (for maybe 5 mins, but still...). So I went out and hosed off the porch screens and floor - and, well, everything on the porch actually - and that made me feel much better. And then I noticed that I have a couple new roses blooming, so I went in to get the camera. Just then the sky let loose and we got a very brief, but very welcome rain shower. And now I really feel much better. I'll have to get those garden photos later, but it's enough for me right now to know they're out there blooming away.






This is the book I just finished. It's very well written - and tells a story of farm life that I enjoyed a lot. However, it also tells a story of a family imploding. And it was depressing. But I'm glad I read it.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Kim, there must be something in the air, because I wrote a "whiny" post a few days ago. I'm not sure if I feel better or not for having gotten it out of my system. One of the comments led me to a wonderful "get out of your funk" post. It's at http://justabeachkat.blogspot.com/2007/05/funk-city.html

The book looks good, but maybe I should make sure I'm out of my funk before I read it!

kris said...

Hi Karen - I just checked out the funk post - it made me laugh! This was a little one - I just needed to vent a little - and do something constructive like getting the porch cleaned. But I'm going to remember the funk rules for sometime when I'm really feeling it! Thanks for sharing.

Diana LaMarre said...

I would imagine that the McMansion ruining your spring/summer with all that noise, dust, etc. could get on the nerves. Everyone has to vent now and then.
I am glad you feel better now. :)

kris said...

Thanks Zoey! You're right - I think everyone needs to vent once in awhile. It's nice to have friends who understand!!